Table of Contents
We are looking to put together a dynamic, fun, responsible, creative, and dedicated team of staff members for this summer. If you love to work with children, enjoy staying active and have endless amounts of energy, then this is the job for you! Not only will you become a role model for your campers and impact their lives in a positive way, you will also earn a competitive salary and build your resume!
Before applying, please check your specific camp’s webpage as camp staff must be available for all weeks of camp.
Although the specific dates and schedules for camp may vary according to location, here are some key aspects to know about all of our camps:
- Our campers are between the ages of 4 and 10 years old.
- Our program consists of a variety of activities including, but not limited to, Swimming, Martial Arts, Arts & Crafts, Group Games, Team Building, Super Science, Community Service Projects, Special Events and depending on your facility, Golf and/or Tennis Instruction.
- Wednesdays are always WaCkY! Every Wednesday will be a theme day. Past themes have included Sherlock Holmes Day, Pajama Party, Wild Wild West and many more. We encourage our staff and campers to dress up in costume and really get into the spirit!
- Attending a summer camp can strongly impact a child’s life and your role as a staff member is integral to making this happen in a meaningful way. You will be there to help our campers laugh, gain self-confidence, build new friendships, try new things and support them in everything they do.
- Camp is fun!
- Ability to work with children to grow in character, experiences and insights
- Ability to guard the health and well-being of campers at all times
- Prior experience working with children
- Enthusiastic, Responsible, Dependable, Level-Headed, Flexible, and Calm in all situations
- Completed at least one year of college or equivalent
- Work with group of campers and provide a fun, safe and exciting camp experience
- Cooperate with fellow counselors and camp director
- Greet families and campers upon arrival
- Support camp director in establishing rules and emergency procedures with campers
- Participate in all camp activities
- Help out where needed and lead activities when asked to by the camp director
Our Core Values:
KECamps Staff Members always have C.A.M.P.E.R.S. at the forefront of their minds:
Adapt and Adjust
Participate and Play
Rely on Reason
Start with Safety
If you are interested in working at a KECamps Day Camp this summer, we encourage you to apply online today!
We are seeking SUMMER LIFEGUARDS in the following locations:
Seal Beach, CA
Sands Point, NY
*If you are interested in becoming a lifeguard at one of these camps, please contact us to learn more!
- This is one of the best jobs I’ve ever had. The staff both at KECamps and the country club were tremendously supportive, and I wish this was a job I could work year round.”
- - Jake K., Director
- I had such a great time. Working at this camp was a wonderful experience. I would love to do it again!
- - James C., Counselor
- Highlights of my summer: seeing the campers have fun and make life-long memories, being able to help children have a good and healthy time, and working with a truly gifted director, who helped further my desire to teach.
- - Rachel B., Counselor
- This was a wonderful experience for me. It was great to hold a position of leadership. I loved making a positive impact on the children every day, making them laugh and smile, being someone they could look up to, and meeting so many wonderful families.
- - Hilarie V., Director
- Thanks once again for the amazing opportunity to work with KECamps. I had a wonderful experience every step of the way.
- - Christy S., Director
- Overwhelmingly joy-filled summer experience. Thank you!
- - Jessica S., Counselor
KECamps is an equal opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local.